|Date Posted||September 22, 2022|
Trades & Services
Our Clean Harbors Nisku, AB location is currently looking for a Welder to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the application of trade skills to a wide variety of welding, brazing and metal cutting jobs on ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our priority and We Live It 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly and welding operations
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as: gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, etc.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease or other foreign matter
- Provide mentoring and support to apprentices as required
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Alberta Journeyman, Apprentice or B Pressure Welder Certification required
- Drivers' license required
- Previous experience with Vac Truck and/or fabrication is an asset
- Mechanically inclined
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483)
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.