|Location||Bay Tree, Canada|
|Date Posted||November 20, 2023|
Trades & Services
At Orica, it's the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It's an exciting time to join us - we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the role
We are recruiting for the position of Red Seal Mechanic located in northern British Columbia. This position will report through to the site supervisor for our Conuma Coal operations.
What you will be doing
- Providing maintenance support to the site on a range of mobile and static explosive pumping equipment.
- Fault finding and repair of prime mover explosives delivery unit (Majority of Western Star Chassis).
- Trouble shooting of all Orica explosive pumping and manufacturing equipment.
- Assist with vehicle audits and regulatory inspections
- Complete regular fleet maintenance and inspections through the preventative maintenance program
- Ensure regulatory compliance and mobile major hazard management as required
- Other tasks as needed.
What you will bring
- High School /Secondary School diploma or equivalent
- Class 1 drivers' licence an asset, Class 3 drivers' licence with air mandatory with clean abstract.
- Inter Provincial Red Seal certificate
- CVIP an asset.
- The position will work 14x14 rotation but must be willing to work outside of these hours if required.
- Transportation to the site is provided.
- Lodging is provided by the company while at work.
- $20 per diem provided
- The candidate will have an Inter Provincial Red Seal certificate, with a strong back ground in electrical and hydraulic repair and failure diagnosis.
- Experience with Detroit Diesel, Mercedes, CAT power plants.
- Experience working with progressive cavity and gear pumps would be an asset.
- The ability to undertake confined space training for the purpose of tank Inspections would be an asset.
- They must be a self starter with a can-do attitude and the ability to focus on attention to detail.
- A strong safety background is a must.
- Motivated team player with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel and be able to work outside in all conditions.
- Capable of working in a heavy equipment environment a must.
- Previous mine experience an asset
- Computer proficient in Microsoft programs and SAP work order systems
How you shape and influence others
Demonstrates courage, resilience and flexibility
Strong reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character
Solid interpersonal and communication skills
Self-aware and open to feedback
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Productive without compromising quality
Highly reliable and motivated to excel
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
- $50/hour Red Seal certified
Benefits (Full Time Employees)
- Medical on the first day worked. Basic module paid by the employer.
- Dental on the first day worked. Basic module paid by the employer.
- Life, Disability and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Retirement / Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP)
- Holidays - twelve nationally and/or provincially recognized holidays per calendar year
- Paid Time Off
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone's contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.