|Date Posted||August 24, 2021|
We're looking for a candidate to this position in an exciting company.
- Prepare and present stability reports and presentations. Analyze alert and stability trends and make recommendations. Investigate root cause of issues and inform/educate developers about the cause so the developers can mitigate the root cause.
- Automate (1) resolution of common problems (2) routine investigations (3) routine user requests using scripts or available programming platform. Lead reliability or business-driven projects. Provide reliability engineering.
- You will work closely with engineering/development teams to design, build and maintain systems and help them decide on products to use, schema design and query tuning
- You will troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network
- You will mentor other SREs on standard methodology from monitoring and troubleshooting complex code and database issues
- Represent the SRE organization in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services
- Participate in on-call rotation and conference calls with other specialists over different time zones
- Hands-on experience with SQL-based DB
- Three Tier support with DBs such as IMB, DB2, Sybase, Mongo, Green Plum, KDB
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and willingness to take ownership
- Problem-solving mindset and solution enabler
- Great problem-solving and debugging ability
- Familiar with financial products like Equity and Fixed Income, Securities and different types of risks in an investment bank, Trade flow
- Contribute to system design and architecture through strong database knowledge