|Date Posted||January 23, 2023|
Power and Utilities Engineer - Project Manager - Senior
BBA has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Project Manager Engineerto join our Toronto office to support our projects in Power and Utilities.
With us, you'llget the opportunity to
- Manage multiple projects to meet client and BBA objectives
- Deliver consistently high-quality mandates (active planning,coordinating and managing)
- Generate RFPs, lead proposals and negotiate award
- Develop a healthy opportunity pipeline for Power and Utilities clients in the Central Region
- Interface with national business line directors and other regionson applicable pursuits, proposals, or projects for various clients
- Prepare and communicate regional resource planning forassigned projects
- Maintain a highly motivated and value-focused teamenvironment
- Provide specialist technical input, leadership andmanagement for projects as needed
- Manage the expectations expressed by clients, project teammembers and the organization
- Address technical, commercial and human project issues in aproactive and timely manner
Do yourqualities and values match our corporate culture?
- Desire tomotivate and develop the next generation
- Strongcommitment to health and safety
- Thirst to learnand excel
Overview of certifications and job requirements
- years of experience in consulting engineering servingthe Power and Utilities sector
- Extensive experience in successfully planning and deliveringmedium to large hydroelectric, wind, solar and energy storage projects
- Possess a broad network of client relationships that willprovide access to BBA and generate RFPs
- Solid experience in writing and preparing winning proposals
- Previous experience in client management, prepare accountplans/teams, and grow BBA revenue for those clients over time
- A Professional Engineer (electrical, mechanical orstructural) licenced in the province of Ontario, PMP certification is preferred
- Willing and able to mentor and coach junior and intermediatestaff
- Strong project manager with a proven track record indelivering projects on time, on budget, and to a high degree of clientsatisfaction
- Willing and able to periodically travel to client sites,based on project needs
At BBA, you get many benefits
- Opportunity tomentor our next generation: we invest in our people and help them develop
- A corporateculture that values expertise
- Promotion ofour experts (SMEs), both externally and internally
- A caringenvironment where everyone's ideas are listened to and there is no perceptionof hierarchy
- Friendly,eco-mindful and high-tech workspaces
- Access to aprofit-sharing program for all regular employees
For over 40 years,we've been pushing the boundaries of engineering to serve our clients in theEnergy and Natural Resources sector. At BBA, we develop innovative, flexibleand sustainable solutions, from strategy to execution.
BBA is one ofCanada's leading private consulting engineering firms, focused on practice(PCB), with a network of 15 offices. Our teams work closely to deliver projectsthat shape tomorrow's industry at the local, national and international levels.
Our people'spassion and excellence make BBA a Canada's Best Employer and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies .
We have uniquetalents, and we're committed to providing a workplace where you can be yourself .Job postings are written in gender-neutral language.
Learn more about usby visiting our LinkedIn page and join the networks of our talent attraction specialists to speak withthem directly.