|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer. Reporting to the Mechanical Department Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for providing Mechanical Engineering support on our major projects within Forest Industries. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Providing engineering and technical support for the layout, design and evaluation of mechanical equipment for pulp and paper plants and mills and related infrastructure.
- Providing project management skills including, contractor and trade coordination, man-hour estimating, budget and scope control, and scheduling.
- Preparing sizing calculations and specifications for pumps, piping, pressure vessels, heat exchangers and other industrial equipment.
- Preparing project documents and reviewing those prepared by others for scope, presentation and technical accuracy.
- Leading work groups or project teams with limited supervision.
- Demonstrating effective organizational skills and handling multiple tasks independently, and as part of a team.
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with project management, area leads, department managers, clients and other team members to coordinate and ensure the compatibility of design.
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff, including assigning work and evaluating technical competence
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) registered in British Columbia or another Canadian province. US PE in California and/or Oregon is an asset.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in Pulp and/or Paper engineering projects as a Client, Supplier or Consultant
- Experience with equipment calculation software is required
- Demonstrate experience with mainstream engineering software is considered an asset
- Experience with data-centric/integrated engineering environments an asset
- Written and oral use of conversational and technical English
- Ability to work out of the office on client sites independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment with minimal supervision
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.