|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Mechanical, Piping and Building Services Department Manager to join our Mining & Minerals business group. Reporting to the Office Engineering Manager, this position is located at our Saskatoon, SK office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Recruit, interview, evaluate and manage staffing levels to ensure project staffing and office utilization targets are achieved
- Conduct staff performance and personal development reviews and recommendations to senior management for promotion, salary levels, work assignment and external training programs
- Provide guidance, support, mentoring and direction to Mechanical staff on projects including codes and standards, and best practices
- Provide input in the areas of execution plan, engineering cost estimates, resourcing and schedules for proposals
- Assist discipline leads with establishing and maintaining project plans, scope, schedules and budgets
- Assign qualified staff to projects in coordination with the discipline leads, as required by the project manpower plan
- Monitor the performance of the department on each project including manhour usage, progress and quality
- Take corrective action where necessary to control engineering work within budget and schedule
- Delegate tasks and authority to discipline leads as required and supervise resulting action
- Prepare, maintain and assure compliance with engineering procedures and quality control standards
- In conjunction with the office engineering manager and other engineering disciplines, participate in the formulation, improvements and subsequent implementation of corporate and project Engineering Policies, Procedures, Instructions, Forms and Standards;
- Promotes, supervises, and monitors inter-department relations between Business Units, projects and other departments with respect to performance of Mechanical engineering and design
- Promote, supervise, and monitor compliance with Wood HSSE, Risk Management and QM Procedures for Department administrative and project work
- Participate in office and project audits as directed by senior management
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Engineering Design & Drafting Technology
- A minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in Mechanical engineering and leadership roles. EPCM experience is required.
- Experience with potash, uranium, heavy industrial, mining or smelting is an asset.
- Member or ability to become a member of APEGS is an asset
- Must possess excellent team management skills and have solid organization as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood at time of application
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.