|Date Posted||September 22, 2022|
Trades & Services
High Level, Alberta, a division of West Fraser, is currently seeking a highly motivated individual for the opportunity of:
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager in this full-time role, the successful candidate will lead a maintenance crew of Millwrights, Welders and Contractors. Higher consideration will be granted to those who have previous experience in the wood remanufacturing sector; in an OSB mill, Sawmill, Planer Mill or with forest products.
- Certified Tradesperson, preference will be given to Red Seal Millwright
- Prefer 5-10 years of maintenance supervisory experience
- Strong leadership skills and communication skills
- Commitment to safety
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Able to work in a group as a team player
- Supervising Maintenance personnel
- Maintenance of OSB processing equipment
- Safety of the crew (Lockout Procedures, Field Level Hazard & Risk Assessments (FLHRA), Safety Audits)
- Training / mentoring apprentices
- Troubleshooting and Equipment alignment
- Creating and planning improvement projects
- Cost Reduction
- Maximizing product quality and recovery
- Managing parts with our purchaser
- Developing a predictive and preventative maintenance program
- Scheduling and attendance
- Inspecting completed work
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at and click on the green "apply now" at the top of the page.