|Location||Not Specified, Canada|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Overview / Responsibilities
CEC Controls- a Wood business is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Controls Technologist (3) in Burlington, ON. with the ability to create PLC programs and prepare electrical schematics in the Automotive Electrical Controls industry.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a strong collaborative senior team, to work directly with customers, to define the requirements of the projects, and to implement solutions. As a member of the team, you will receive onboard training, learn how to handle commissioning responsibilities, and play a key role in the growth of this business . For individuals with a strong IT background and interest, there is an opportunity to develop your skills integrating controls systems with computer systems. This position will report to the Branch Manager. This is a hands-on job that requires field work in Canada, USA, and Mexico.
- Be involved in the design, installation, and configuration of new and existing equipment automation together with equipment/process personnel
- Design and integrate control systems on new and existing equipment.
- Provide technical expertise and support on equipment, processes and methods aimed at sustaining or increasing output
- Design, test, and validate systems (individually or as a member of a team)
- Be involved in new and existing production line expansion installation and support
- Research new technology or CIM applications to provide feedback to team for new enhancement
- Review the project scope, proposals, job specification and resolve differences, providing constructive feedback to the person giving direction in a respective manner to achieve the best solution possible
- Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results and follow through with a series of related detailed steps or processes
- Provide hardware and software enhancement ideas or request to improve productivity or quality
- Contribute to multiple technical projects targeting continuous improvement results in the areas of safety, quality, efficiency, delivery and cost
- Work independently and with a team of Engineers/Technologists to assist in software development aspects of larger projects ; work with other team members and IT personnel on system launches and upgrades
- Provide support for Customer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) Projects from project design, implementation, production launch, to project closure
- Provide daily CIM operation support to end users to ensure system availability
- Manage the scope of the project to deliver the customers requirements in the customer specified format
- Deliver projects on time and with least cost for the defined scope and highest quality to our customers
- Provide daily status notes on launch and during projects
- Lead in the development and implementation of applications
Skills / Qualifications
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or Applied Science), or a Technologist Certification. Applicants are expected to have a minimum of five years PLC programming experience in the automation industry along with a history of increasing project responsibility
- Proficient in PC operating systems and high level of ability in MS Office products
- Knowledge of PLC controllers and programming languages (ideally Rockwell or Siemens) is mandatory
- Knowledge of networks, JAVA, C, HTML, and IT systems is an asset
- Multiple language knowledge would be highly desired
- Excellent controls system troubleshooting skills are expected
- A strong understanding and interest in machine integration, equipment monitoring system and tracking solutions
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- A self-starter who is dynamic and flexible with high adaptability to changes is preferred
- Local and international travel may be required; Travel is typically 25%
- Authorization to work legally in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
CEC Controls is a Wood Automation and Controls company
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.