|Date Posted||January 24, 2023|
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will find the contact information to request the appropriate accommodation by visiting the following page:
City Experiences is seeking an Engineer for our City Cruises operation in Toronto.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
About the Opportunity:
The Marine Engineer executes repairs and regular maintenance of our fleet of Transport Canada inspected passenger vessels and associated equipment. As part of the engineering team, the Engineer is responsible for troubleshooting problems as well as designing and implementing solutions. The Engineer completes daily job assignments and duties and reports on the status of work assignments.
- Ensures the safe and reliable operation of all vessels, systems, machinery, and equipment under his/her care with due regard for the Safety Management System (SMS), and proper standards of watchkeeping, and in accordance with practice of good seamanship
- Routinely inspects all areas of the vessels, stages, dock, and marine railway for unsafe conditions, and assists in accident investigations and reports
- Participates in emergency drills in accordance with Transport Canada regulations, the Safety Management System. Participates in safety meetings in conformance with City Cruises Toronto policy, to ensure a routinely efficient and safe operation at all times and the proper use of equipment during any possible emergency
- Maintains engineering operations and maintenance logs; paying particular attention to proper recording of incidents and irregularities
- Ensures a clean workplace throughout the day, at the beginning and end of shifts
- Reports non-conformities to the Designated Person (Manager of Fleet Operations)
- Ensures the safe and efficient operation of the business at all times using all available means
- Supports Food & Beverage and all other departments with projects, maintenance, and operations as required
- Immediately notifies the Master of the vessel if any critical system as laid out in the Safety Management System is not functioning
- Ensures that all Safety Equipment is present and equipment is inspected to the relevant standards
- Knows and understands both the Operational and Emergency procedures laid out in the Safety Management System
- Adheres to all health and safety regulations
- Works with a safety mindset by following all safety policies, procedures and safety measures (i.e. PPE). Identifies and brings forward risks, hazards and opportunities on the job. Actively participates in health and safety in the workplace
- Maintains a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (refer to appearance standards in employee handbook)
- Reports to work on time and for all scheduled shifts.
- Understands all City Cruises Toronto policies and procedures relating to the employee's role within the company.
- Maintains any applicable licenses and certifications
- Completes any other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Valid Fourth Class (or higher) Motor Certificate of Competency
- Current Marine Basic First Aid
- Current (within previous two (2) years) Transport Canada approved medical
- Minimum four (4) years of relevant maintenance and repair experience
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in the marine environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of diesel engines, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- WHMIS for workers in Ontario an asset
- Fall Arrest Training an asset
- Confined Space Training an asset
- Ability to successfully complete a criminal background check
- Candidates, who, in addition to the above, possess specialized skills such as fitting, welding, equipment operating, will be given strong consideration
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, wipe, push, pull, move or lift up to 55 pounds (25+) kilograms)
- Walk, stand, sit and work in all types of weather conditions for extended periods
- Continually and repeatedly perform functions indoors and outdoors
- If required, wear assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (i.e. non-slip shoes, gloves, weather appropriate dress attire, sun protection)
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences' mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of harassment and/or discrimination of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and/or harassment based upon race, citizenship, place of origin, colour, ancestry, disability, age, creed, sex/pregnancy, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic characteristics, receipt of public assistance and record of offences.
City Experiences employment and workplace decisions will be based on company needs, job requirements and individual job qualifications and skills. City Experiences will comply with provincial and federal legislation relating to equal employment opportunities and employment equity.