|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking an Earthworks Coordinator for our Mining & Minerals project site. In Northeastern Ontario, near Gogama, our project is fly-in/fly-out on a 14 x 14 (12 hr/day) rotation with camp accommodations provided. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this opportunity is for you!
- Making field decisions regarding earthworks construction
- Liaising between site engineering requests, home office engineering and construction contractors
- Reviewing detailed design drawings for constructability purposes
- Coordinating construction sequences and activities between on-site contractors
- Reviewing contractor plans with respect to equipment usage and cycle times
- Assisting the contractors with clarification, interpretation, interference resolution and QA/QC related matters
- Ensuring instructions, drawings and specifications for scope changes are issued in a timely manner
- Ensuring that Wood Construction Management and Health, Safety and Environment Programs are implemented and adhered to at all times
- Updating the site-wide deficiency lists to be issued at weekly construction meetings
- Participating in the turnover process by assembling completion checklists and other engineering and construction records
Skills / Qualifications
- 10 -15 years' experience in mining and/or heavy civil industrial construction
- Significant experience in civil earthworks, including general grading, bulk fill construction, pond excavation, drainage, containment facilities, and liner installation
- Experience in interpreting geotechnical and hydrological reports, engineered construction drawings, technical specifications and engineering details and designs
- Understanding of industry codes, standards and construction methods
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.