|Date Posted||May 4, 2021|
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Has an in depth understanding of capital planning and project management approaches, processes, cash flow management and projections for projects.
- He/she demonstrate a collaborative approach to working with client departments and helps build capacity within the organization to effectively deliver projects.
- Leads and manages the activities of the department and is responsible for the development and implementation of policies, procedures and processes. He/she also serves as an advisor to client departments on matters relating to the planning, design and delivery of capital projects.
- Provides advice relating to operating functions and processes in preparation for substantial completion of projects and monitor progress.
- Provides leadership, strategic advice and support for the Public Works department. The Director monitors and guides the performance of department staff, consultants and contractors as required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience successfully supervising and administering construction and maintenance project or managing operations in a unionized Municipal, Territorial, Provincial, Public Works or Parks environment.
- Must have a Bachelor of Engineering and must have or be eligible for NAPEG Certification (Nunavut Association of Professional Engineers and Geophysicists)
- Completion of post-secondary education in the Construction, Civil or Municipal engineering, process engineering or related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures used in municipal services activities
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment used in maintaining and servicing roadways, walkways, trails, open spaces, heavy equipment, and light vehicles and and associated service and maintenance activities
- Ability to handle a variety of employee relations issues with tact, confidentiality and diplomacy
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions associated with municipal operation
- Proven experience developing, tendering and administering contracts for capital assets and/or infrastructure related to projects and operations funded by a public organization