|Date Posted||September 9, 2023|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Director, Insurance Technology Transformation page is loaded Director, Insurance Technology Transformation Apply locations Toronto, ON, CAN time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id R
60 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Candidate must have experience working in Life Insurance and its technology transformation. Candidate should be able to evaluate existing platforms and provide a roadmap on transformation/modernization
Prioritizes and supports the work of customer-facing and/or internal platforms. Tracks and maintains platform health scores as well as cloud adoption rate. Manages the stability, accessibility, scalability, security and support innovation of the platform. Coordinates the activities of technology, design, security and marketing, to develop platform strategies, roadmaps, and execution. Manages the relationship with vendors for support, compliance, license tracking and any other needs.
- Builds relationships with and works with stakeholders to understand the Insurance platform vision, alignment and delivery on the roadmap.
- Holds an instrumental role in cloud adoption, modernization, transformation
- Documents business rules, functional/technical specifications, and process interpretations for assigned applications, process flows, systems, and business solutions.
- Analyzes platform data to drive and implement optimizations.
- Undertakes prioritization of work of a component or group of components that are used by customers/end users.
- Understands the competitive and strategic position of the organization, in order to deliver best-in-industry products.
- Ensures compliance with service and support agreements and standards.
- Manages technical requirements e.g. APIs and other platform components with a focus on security and resilience to protect end-users.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Expert level experience with on-prem and cloud based technical solutions
- Experience with solution architecture specifically for underwriting policy applications (Life Insurance)
- Expert level knowledge and technical acumen within Life Insurance platforms (new product design/development, system design and implementation)
- Strong exposure to user interface and user experience (UI/UX) design, API management, TDD, DevOps, Data Warehouse, Cybersecurity and privacy concepts, principles and solutions, Cloud computing
- Building and managing relationships.
- Product management.
- Value propositions.
- Continuous improvement management.
The role is Hybrid (2-3 days work in the office downtown Toronto)
We're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
BMO is a leading bank driven by a single purpose: to Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. Everywhere we do business, we're focused on building, investing and transforming how we work to drive performance and continue growing the good.
Who we are
We're proud to be fueling growth and expanding possibilities for individuals, families and businesses. More than 12 million customers count on us for personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment services. As the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America, we help our customers make the most of their money. In Canada, the United States and across the globe, we'll continue to build, invest and transform to drive performance that serves the good that grows.