|Date Posted||September 22, 2022|
Trades & Services
SAFETY. TEAMWORK. INTEGRITY.
The BURNCO Ready-Mix team in British Columbia has an immediate opening for a highly experienced and driven Commercial Transport Mechanic. Based out of our Burnaby, BC facility, you will be working and responsible for repairs of all commercial vehicles and equipment pertaining to the Ready Mix Operations in the BC Lower Mainland.
Join the BURNCO team today and earn yourself excellent wages with hourly rates up to $44/hour, significant OT hours during the high season, and comprehensive benefits (through the CBA).
At BURNCO you will enjoy:
- a very strong culture of safety
- excellent customer relations with internal and external stakeholders
- working within a financially stable and expanding company
- building legacy infrastructure that will be around for generations to come (you can say 'I Built That!')
What You Will Be Doing
- Inspect, repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain mobile heavy-duty equipment and performs other routine maintenance work
- Diagnosing faults using computerized testing equipment
- Repairing damaged equipment
- Troubleshooting electrical and pneumatics
- Read diagrams and schematics for work procedures
- Operates hoist and lift devices to position machinery in a safe manner
- Maintain and repair On Road Heavy equipment to provincial and company standards
- Service calls and field repairs as needed
- Maintain open and clear communication with Shop Supervisor and Lead Hands on any operational deficiencies
Reality of the Job
- Work schedules vary and may consist of scheduled hours, shift work and on-call rotations (including weekends and holidays) to support the work required.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Provincial Mechanics license - Red Seal Mechanic
- Provincial Heavy Equipment Technician License
- Registered Apprentice
- Valid Class 1 and / or 3 Commercial Driver's License with clean driving abstract
- Valid Air Brakes Endorsement will be considered an asset
- Physically fit
- Minimum 2 years of directly related experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude with effective interpersonal skills
- Proficiency using diagnostic software
- Ability to work schedules that will be varied including scheduled hours, shift work and on-call rotations (including weekends and holidays) to support the work required
- Eligibility to join Teamsters Union Local
IMPORTANT: As this is a safety sensitive position, it is a condition of employment that candidates selected for hire must successfully pass pre-employment testing that includes a background check, a drug and alcohol screen (Cannabis included), and Fitness to Work test.
Since 1912, BURNCO has been supplying aggregate construction materials as a successful, family-run business based in Calgary. Over the last 110 years we have embraced innovative technology and new marketplaces while always maintaining the vision and values that were first introduced by our founder, James F. Burns. Today we continue our unwavering commitment to safety, our renewed focus on family leadership and our steady, dependable growth into the future. We look forward to having you join us on that journey.
Posting Open Until Filled